"Thereford, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness, and speak kindly to her."

Hosea 2:14

February 21, 2011

Trusting in the Lord

Trusting in the Lord

Abraham followed

God's leading without knowing

where it would take him.

Hannah waited

for God's perfect timing

without knowing when.

Mary expected

a miracle

without knowing how.

Joseph trusted

God's purpose

without knowing why

circumstances happened

the way they did.

"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track." Proverbs 3:5-6, The Message

(The above is taken from text which was from the book "The Purpose Driven Life", which was on a card Ken and I were given almost a year ago. We have it hanging in our room, and until recently I had forgotten who I was, that God will fulfill His promises in our life, and He has a purpose and plan for everything. Sometimes it really takes a "spiritual 2x4" upside my head! I've come to realize that we are in the midst of spiritual warfare....and let's just say I've picked my sword back up!)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Amen sister! I need to pick my sword back up as well. Thanks for the encouragement. Love ya.

Google