"Thereford, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness, and speak kindly to her."

Hosea 2:14

January 20, 2011

Some pics of XMAS and our move/James Study



I've been wanting to share some of the pictures of Christmas and of our move and finally loaded them off of my SD card two nights ago; I am just now sitting down to upload some of them for your enjoyment!!



Before I show some pics, the good news is that Father continues to take care of us, His children! Ken started a part time job at Chick Fil A here in Bentonville until something more permanent/full time comes along. I told him that for some reason I feel that Father has plans for him there, although I don't know what that looks like really. Whether that means he's in the right place at the right time to maybe minister to/encourage someone, or maybe it's a job connection, or maybe something I haven't even thought of. But really I have such peace about him being there, I know Father is up to something and He has GOOD plans for Ken and our family. Now....onto the pictures....





Hannah singing Christmas carols with the HQ kids and Jared at Life Church in Olathe




They were just so cute!!







Hannah posing by a Christmas tree at Bass Pro Shop






I just have to sneak pics of this kiddo!!




Me decorating cookies with the girls by the "Santa's Workshop" area at Bass Pro





The girls with their new pillow pets (an anonymous gift we received that day!) and in their jammies so we can go look at Christmas lights!





Our driver, my handsome hubby Ken





Eating her dinner on Christmas day at Grandma and Grandpa Reim's house





Snuggling with my very sick little toddler (she had the stomach flu on Christmas Day) :(





Spending the morning with Grandma and Grandpa Morris at the Great Mall. They brought Christmas gifts for the girls the day of our move; we weren't able to get together over Christmas because of all the sickness going around!! While we were here, dad was back at home with his buddies loading up the U Haul!






Here's Mikayla helping to do a little cleaning. :) We were so lucky to have a nice day to move! Too bad daddy wasn't feeling all that great; he ended up still suffering with the stomach junk that day so I had to go to Walgreens and pick up some anti-nausea medication so he could make the 3 1/2 hour drive!!





With all the grandma's and grandpa's saying our goodbyes. Kind of sad seeing our empty patio!!!






The big 'ole 26 footer!!!







Hannah was so excited to get to ride in the truck with her dad!






This is what a lot of the drive looked like going 71 south through Missouri...thankfully the landscape improved once we get into Arkansas.






The girls' temporary bedroom, also serving as school room!!







Mikayla playing with her new Little People house she got for Christmas.







Of course it's fun for big sister to play with her too. :)






We're staying with Ken's sister and brother in law temporarily until we get our bearings and we see what happens with a job for Ken....here's Hannah playing in the living room.






Excuse the mess and unmade bed. :) This is our bedroom/office/living area.



So.....here's the verses from James for Wednesday and Thursday....I guess I'll have to do Friday's (today's) later on!! But this has been really good stuff, Father's really been piercing these truths into my heart.
The (S)cripture: James 1:5-8 (NIV)
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."
From The Message:
"5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

My (O)bservations:
God WANTS to give me wisdom GENEROUSLY~there are no prequalifications for me to ask and receive wisdom from Him. He doesn't look over all my faults and weaknesses before wanting to give me wisdom! I need to believe that I will receive the wisdom I ask for and not doubt. I shouldn't expect to receive the wisdom I am asking for if I doubt His ability or desire to give it to me! To me being double-minded means being easily driven by emotions instead of being consistently grounded in the truth.
My (A)pplication:
I really think I need to ask for wisdom in ALL areas of my life as He really knows the BEST way for every area!! I need to ask expectantly and know that there is no part of my life that is not important to Him, as small as I might think it is. I need to continue to remain grounded in what I've already learned from His truth so that when my emotions arise I can go back to what the truth says in the situation and receive wisdom from it instead of being mislead from those emotions!!
My (P)rayer:
Thank you that since I've put this into practice Father, you really have been giving me the wisdom I need day to day. Thank you for caring about even the little things in my life, that everything is important to you and doesn't go unseen.

No comments:

Google