"Thereford, behold, I will allure her, bring her into the wilderness, and speak kindly to her."

Hosea 2:14

January 24, 2011

Crown of Life


Crown of Life…..I so love today’s verse in my Good Morning Girls study!! Here’s what it says…..

James 1:12 “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. (NIV)

In The Message it reads…”12Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.”



I’m so thankful to be able to compare what The Message says about this scripture…."for such persons loyally in love with God…” WOW!! Do I live a life that demonstrates my loyalty to my Father and how much in love with Him I am?? And not even when I am out and about necessarily, but even right here with my own family. If someone asked them if I lived a life that demonstrated my love for my Father (inclusive of persevering under trial the way He means for me to) what would be their answer??

Okay, so in my “S.O.A.P.” scripture observation I guess that was my observation LOL…how do I apply that to my own life? I can immediately say that instead of COMPLAINING about my current situation I need to “consider it all joy” and know that I am taking part in some of the sufferings as Christ might have gone through; that I am His co-heir!! That He is making me mature and complete and that He LOVES me. He wants to take care of myself and my family.
So today that is my prayer, that my love for Father would be so evident in my life that others will see JOY and not FEAR. Thank you Father for the REAL joy that only you can bring!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love it! I pray that others will see joy and not fear in my life as well. It's so great to hear what the Lord is doing in your life Cindy. He has something great in store for you guys. Love you and miss you.

Google